What's common between drumming in a heavy rock band, digitalising national post services, and growing a newly established airline? My guest today is Birgir Jonsson, the CEO of Iceland-based Play Airline who has done it all. We discuss Birgir's experience as a drummer and which learnings he took from that time to his job as a CEO in diverse companies. We also touch upon being an outsider, building company culture from scratch, and relationship with one's ego.
In this episode, you will hear about:
- being brutal and humble as a leader
- relying on others as an outsider
- the role of people in your business and personal success
- sharing ideology and vocabulary in a team
- the role of leadership coaching for the company's sustainable growth
- culture in business - a nice-to-have?
Stay safe and #standwithukraine,
Connect with Birgir: https://www.linkedin.com/in/birgir-jonsson-135b4915/
Check out Play: https://www.flyplay.com/
Sign-up for the Sustainable Leadership Newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/205a08ca614c/sustainableleadershipnewsletter
Book a Mindshifting Intensive: https://annaliebel.as.me/strategycall
Support Ukraine: https://u24.gov.ua/
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.